Technological era has paved the way for development in almost all the industries. Earlier concrete was just a mixture of cement, sand/gravel and water. Faster setting of concrete, reduced workability, bleeding and difficulty in slump retaining were some of the problems faced in the concrete construction. Now, the modern concrete technology has found solution for all these problems through the development of admixtures, which will be added along with cement, water and aggregate during mixing. The R&D group of WOPPER has developed a Super plasticising Slump Retaining Admixture – Turbonol LPS which gives strength to precast concrete.
What is Turbonol LPS?
Turbonol LPS is a premium Superplasticising Slump Retaining Admixture which can be used in the concrete construction for sump retention for required period of time.
Why Turbonol LPS?
- Improved Workability – Easier, quicker placing and compaction.
- Increased Strength – Provides high early strength for precast concrete if water reduction.
- Improved quality – Denser, close textured concrete with reduced porosity and hence more durable.
- Higher Cohesion – Risk of segregation and bleeding minimized; thus aids pumping of concrete.
- Chloride Free – Safe in pre stressed concrete and with sulphate resisting cements and marine aggregates.
- Provides sharp / fine edges in carving works without damage.
How to use Turbonol LPS?
- 1-3 litres / 100 kg cement.
- An over dose of Turbonol LPS may lead to retardation of setting time.
- Hence, site trails must be carried out to optimize dosage.
The measured quantity of Turbonol LPS must be added along with the gauging water. For best results, add Turbonol LPS in the last phase after pre wetting the mix with 80% of the total water required.
How to store Turbonol LPS?
Turbonol LPS must be stored in a shaded place at normal room temperatures. When stored in its original sealed container, it has a shelf life of at least 24 months. When the container is opened, it is advised to use the contents quickly. The container must be closed air-tight after every use.